We want your visit with us to be as stress free as possible. Here’s a little bit about what you can expect when you do finally make the decision to come in and see us.
There are five main procedures that will be completed during your appointment.
1. Case History. One of our doctors of Audiology, Dr. Emil Frymark or Dr. Shannon Frymark will begin your appointment with a case history. This will involve questions about your hearing, noise exposure, communication issues, and medically related issues such as tinnitus and dizziness.
2. Otoscopy. Next, Dr. Frymark will check for excessive ear wax, blockages, or any problems with your ear canal/eardrum. If necessary, cerumen (ear wax) management will be performed.
3. Tympanometry. A test of middle ear function is the next step in your hearing evaluation. This test will identify any factors that may inhibit the motion of your eardrum such as fluid, infections, or Eustachian tube dysfunction.
4. Audiometry. Then, a comprehensive audiometric evaluation will be performed. This test allows Dr. Emil Frymark or Dr. Shannon Frymark to determine the type and degree of hearing loss you are experiencing.
5. Counseling. Dr. Frymark will sit down with you and explain the results. We believe your journey to better hearing should be a partnership with you and your hearing healthcare provider. And we believe that journey should begin by making sure you’re as well informed as possible about your problem and all possible solutions.