If you’re joining us today it probably means you’re looking for help. You might be experiencing hearing loss or looking on behalf of a loved one you suspect needs treatment. Whatever reason brought you here, you can probably agree that there is a lot of confusing...
Cochlear Americas’ Advanced Hearing Solutions
Starting with people and thinking about their needs is the driving force behind the advanced hearing solutions available from Cochlear Americas.
Their mission involves helping people to hear and be heard, empowering people to connect with others, transforming the way people understand and treat hearing loss, and making innovative implantable hearing solutions that deliver a lifetime of better hearing to those they serve.
Cochlear Americas was founded as a subsidiary of Nucleus, a medical electronics company, in 1983 after successfully testing the commercialized development of a multi-channel cochlear implant created by Graeme Clark.
With Cochlear Americas, you become part of the world’s largest community of individuals with hearing implants, connecting through programs like Cochlear Family and Cochlear Volunteers for support and advocacy to help you through your hearing journey.
Request a Callback
Cochlear Americas’ Implant Systems
Cochlear Americas produces three different implant systems.
- Nucleus implants are among the world’s most reliable and long-lasting implants, which feature 22 electrodes for improved sound resolution.
- Osia titanium implant with a transducer that expands and contracts to improve the quality of sound vibrations to the inner ear.
- Bone conduction, Baha implant, made of titanium and inserted into the bone for effective bone conduction uses innovative surface technology designed to promote faster and stronger integration with the bone.
Cochlear America implants are designed for safe MRIs and deliver a 98% reliability rate.
Audio Processor Features from Cochlear America
Sound processors are designed to provide your best hearing experience in any situation to help you hear more clearly, making your life easier and allowing you to connect with your world. Each implant system links with a specific sound processor and feature:
- Dual synchronized microphones with forward focus that help filter out background noise.
- Automatic sound processing to help make hearing easier.
- Data logging to help provide key usage information to your audiologist for possible program adjustments.
- Made for iPhone, which allows you to stream sound from your Apple® device.
- Wireless connectivity to stream with other digital devices.
- Control and adjustment of sound processor settings, track hearing information, and monitor battery levels.
- Find a misplaced or lost sound processor.
- Dust, moisture, and impact resistant.
- Extended bandwidth to improve recognition of high-frequency consonants in quiet and in noise.
- LED alert light provides parents and caregivers with a quick visual indication of device status.
Patient-Focused Hearing Care by Aim Hearing and Audiology Services
Electronic implants, like those produced by Cochlear Americas, are among the advanced technology hearing solutions available to the hearing care professionals at Aim Hearing and Audiology Services in order to address your specialized hearing care needs, but no device will ever replace you as the primary focus of the hearing care we provide.
Using a comprehensive hearing assessment, our doctors are able to accurately identify your unique hearing challenges. We use the information we obtain to develop a custom hearing treatment plan and select the advanced technology hearing solution that meets your unique needs.
In addition to fitting you with some of the most advanced technology hearing solutions from brand name manufacturers, such as Cochlear Americas, Advanced Bionics, Oticon Medical, and MED-EL, our hearing care experts also provide ongoing support, maintenance, and repair services so you can enjoy better hearing and an active, independent lifestyle.
If you need more information about the advanced technology hearing solutions we have available, contact the most trusted hearing care professionals in Greensboro, NC by using the adjacent form.
Here at Aim Hearing & Audiology Services, one of our core values is fun. We work hard, but we’re not all business. We also love to have fun with our patients during the process. If you’ve been to our clinic for an appointment, you’ve probably noticed this! On May...
Aim Hearing, situated in the heart of Greensboro, NC, has always prioritized the well-being and comprehensive health of our community members. With that in mind, we'd like to highlight a groundbreaking study that not only emphasizes the importance of our auditory...